Carrot-Date Bran Muffins
These healthy muffins taste so good, no one will ever know they’re good for you.
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- 1½ cups organic whole-wheat flour
- 1¼ cups bran
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup 2% buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs. dark molasses
- zest of 1 large orange, grated
- 1½ cups grated carrots
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 12 date halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together 6 dry ingredients.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until smooth. Add oil, buttermilk, vanilla, molasses, and orange zest, and whisk until smooth. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture, and stir just until combined. Divide among 12 muffin cups, and top each cup with a date half.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 240 Fat: 12 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 210 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 35 mg
From article: Natural Shopping Savvy