Easy Citrus Chicken ’N’ Veg
The honey-mustard-lime marinade gives this chicken dish a sweet-and-sour kick, and it marries well with steamed broccolini.
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. raw honey
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. each salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Handful of fresh cilantro, minced (about ¼ cup minced cilantro)
- 4 8-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness for grilling
- 2 bunches broccolini (about 1 lb.)
- In small bowl, whisk together ingredients from lime juice through olive oil until emulsified. Stir in cilantro.
- Place chicken breasts into gallon-sized zip-closure bag, and pour in half of dressing. Work chicken around in
- baggie until each piece is lightly coated, and store in
- refrigerator to marinate,
- hour to overnight. (The longer the marinating time, the stronger the flavor.)
- Preheat grill or grill pan on medium-high heat, and grill chicken about 6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, steam broccolini over boiling water until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Divide chicken and broccolini among 4 plates, and drizzle with remaining marinade just before serving.
Calories: 360 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 2.5g Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 620mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 42g Cholesterol: 115mg
For more about this recipe: Fresh & Fast Chicken