Green Protein Smoothie
Every ingredient in this recipe has skin-benefiting properties! It’s tailor-made for that early-morning boost—both for energy levels and the overall beauty of the skin. To increase the protein content, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- 2 kale leaves, thick stems removed
- Small handful of spinach (about ½ cup)
- Flesh of 1 small avocado, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 date, pitted and chopped
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth.
Calories: 240 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 85mg Fiber: 8g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg
For 8 foods full of radiance-boosting vitamins and minerals – Beauty’s More Than Skin Deep