Kat James’ Nut, Hempseed, & Butter Balls
These are perfect on-the-run, or as an energy or candy bar replacement that won’t spike blood sugar.
Serves: 18 balls
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup organic butter, softened to room temperature
- Alcohol-free vanilla stevia, to taste
- ½ cup high-fiber hemp protein (I use Nutiva) or plain whey protein
- Sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste
- ⅓ cup tahini or pumpkin seed butter
- Hempseed and/or crushed pumpkin seeds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, or almonds, or roasted sesame seeds.
- Optional: ½ tsp. alcohol-free flavoring such as banana, maple, anise, mint, or fresh citrus zest
- Combine ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate until firm (about half an hour). Roll into golf ball-sized balls (a mini ice cream scoop works well), then roll in your choice of hempseed and/or crushed pumpkin seeds, brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, or roasted sesame seeds. Keep refrigerated.
Serving size: 1 ball Calories: 270 cal Fat: 28 g Saturated fat: 17 g Carbohydrates: 4 g Sugar: 0 g Sodium: 100 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 24 mg