Pumpkin Dream Bars
Looking for a healthier alternative to traditional pumpkin pie? Try these Pumpkin Dream Bars. They’re a dream because they are easy to make; they contain no flour or grains; and they have a decadent, light, and moist texture. Both the bars and the whipped coconut cream come out well using a variety of sweeteners.
Serves: 9 Bars
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 1 cup unsalted, unsweetened cashew butter or almond butter
- 1 large organic, pasture-raised egg
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- Whipped Coconut Cream (see recipe, right) sprinkled with cinnamon
- 9 home-toasted pecan halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil 8-by-8 baking pan. Mix ingredients through salt together in medium bowl until well blended. Pour batter evenly in baking dish.
- Bake 25–30 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow bars to cool, then cut, and serve with a small dollop of Whipped Coconut Cream sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with a toasted pecan half on each piece.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 250 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 3.5g Carbohydrates: 24g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 210mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 20mg
See more low carb holiday recipes at: Low Carb Holiday Recipes Going Against the Grain