The following recipe is excerpted from The Adrenal Reset Diet and can be eaten for breakfast or as a snack. For the best results, make this parfait the night before, and refrigerate it for a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut beverage (coconut milk)
- 2 servings vanilla-flavored protein powder (animal- or plant-based)
- ½ cup oat bran
- ½ cup flaxseeds, ground
- 1 cup diced banana (or 1 medium-sized banana)
- ⅛ tsp. almond extract
- Liquid stevia or powdered xylitol, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients except almond extract and sweetener in 1-quart mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in almond extract, and add sweetener, if using. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Calories: 610 Fat: 30 g Saturated fat: 9 g Carbohydrates: 67 g Sugar: 17 g Sodium: 470 mg Fiber: 22 g Protein: 36 g Cholesterol: 0
Read article: From Stressed to Slim