Whipped Coconut Cream
This recipe makes about ⅔ cup. Double the ingredients if more whipped topping is desired.
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) organic unsweetened
- full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbs. sweetener of your choice (we used coconut palm sugar)
- ½ tsp. organic vanilla extract
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight. Flip can upside down and open bottom. Pour liquid at top away and save for other uses. Scoop out firm layer of coconut cream that has solidified at the bottom and place it in a large chilled mixing bowl with your desired sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Whip coconut cream with beaters until cream is thickened and fluffy. (Alternatively, you can whip the cream for 3–5 minutes in a blender, but the whipped cream usually will have a looser consistency.) Use immediately, or refrigerate until ready to use.
Calories: 20 Fat: 1g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 3g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg
See more low carb holiday recipes at: Low Carb Holiday Recipes Going Against the Grain