Puffed Rice & Chocolate with Mousse & Fresh Berries
Indulge your chocolate fix with this gluten-free treat, which is also perfect to serve at small get-togethers.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Makes about 10 servings
- About 4 oz. dark chocolate (65 percent)
- 1¾ oz puffed rice cereal
- 4 oz dark chocolate (65-70 percent)
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 9 oz berries such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- Shaved dark chocolate
- Chop chocolate for bark, and melt it in microwave or over a water bath.
- Remove chocolate from heat, and fold in puffed rice. Spread mixture as thin as possible on a piece of parchment paper; let harden; and break into pieces.
- Coarsely chop chocolate for mousse and melt on low power in microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly whisk egg yolks. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Stir egg yolks into chocolate and then quickly fold into egg whites.
- Fill disposable piping bag with mousse and pipe dollops on chocolate bark pieces. Garnish with berries and shaved chocolate.
Recipe excerpted from Chocolate: 90 Sinful and Sumptuous Indulgences by Elisabeth Johansson
Per serving: 190 cal; 4g pro; 10g total fat (5g sat fat); 20g carb; 55mg chol; 25mg sod; 2g fiber; 11g sugars
Related: Healthy Vices