Shrimp, Mango, & Orange Salad
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This light, fresh meal will help chase away the doldrums of chilly autumn winds.
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. microplaned lemon zest
1 tsp. snipped fresh chives
1/4 tsp. finely chopped fresh jalapeño
1 lb. cooked & peeled wild-caught large shrimp
1 cup diced fresh mango
2 navel oranges, peeled with segments removed
1/2 cup organic garbanzo beans
6 oz. mixed mesclun greens
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, zest, chives, and jalapeño to make dressing.
- Combine shrimp, mango, orange, and beans in a bowl. Add 2 Tbs. dressing, and gently stir to coat.
- Divide greens among four plates, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Mound shrimp mix on top of greens, and serve.
per serving: 285 cal; 30g pro; 8g total fat (1g sat fat); 23g carb; 214mg chol; 177mg sod; 4g fiber; 14g sugars
- Feel the various textures on your tongue-the soft sweetness of the mango, the firmness of the garbanzo beans, the herbal nuance of the greens.
- Seek out the heat of the jalapeño and the briskness of the lemon zest.
- Ponder the hardships of the fisherman who went to sea to catch the shrimp.
From article: Mindful Eating