Sunflower Seed Crusted Tilapia with Sunflower Butter Tahini
Sunflower Seed Crusted Tilapia with Sunflower Butter Tahini recipe.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
4 (6 ounce) portions tilapia fillets
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. granulated onion
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. salt
1⁄8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
2 Tbs. whole milk
4 cups roasted and salted sunflower seed kernels
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a foil lined baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish combine the flour, granulated onion, cumin, coriander, salt, and cayenne.
3. In a second shallow dish whisk the eggs and milk well.
4. Place the sunflower seed kernels in a third shallow dish.
5. Dredge both sides of a tilapia fillet in the flour. Dip both sides in the beaten eggs. Then, gently press both sides of the fillet into the sunflowers seed kernels for even coverage.
6. Transfer the fillet to the foil lined baking sheet. Repeat with each of the remaining three fillets.
7. Cover loosely and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile make the tahini.
8. Bake fish for 20 minutes. Arrange fillets on serving plate, and top with tahini.
½ cup sunflower seed butter
6 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice.
2 cloves garlic
½ cup packed parsley leaves
½ cup packed cilantro leaves
¼ cup packed mint leaves
salt to taste
Combine all ingredients except the salt in the work bowl of a food processor. Process on high until you have a smooth paste. Salt to taste. Divide evenly among 8 servings.
PER SERVING (Makes 8 servings): 643 CAL; 36 G PROT; 44 G FAT (5 G SAT FAT); 33 G CARB; 85 MG CHOL; 522 MG SOD; 7 G FIBER; 4 G SUGARS