A quick-and-easy take on a comfort-food classic.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Think making mac-n-cheese from scratch is a chore? Get outside the box with this delicious recipe that comes together almost as quickly as that processed, prepackaged stuff.
Mac-imize Your Mac-n-Cheese
- Turn any bowl of mac-n-cheese into a meal with veg-friendly add-ins:
- Vegetarian chili*-pour over the top for a quick and comforting dinner.
- Meatless sausage-slice and add after the mac-n-cheese is done cooking.
- Meatless meatballs-serve alongside mac-n-cheese or mix together before serving.
- Soy bacon-crumble and add right before serving.
- Vegan tuna-add a can of Vegan Toona for a tuna melt-style dish.
See our Vegetarian Chili recipe. It goes perfectly with Easy Mac-n-Cheese.
Photography: Pornchai Mittongtare:
Food Styling: Claire Stancer; Prop Styling: Robin Turk