Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- As a natural antioxidant, Peppermint will help detoxify your liver and strengthen the GI system. Peppermint tea is valued as a digestive, so switch your afternoon coffee for a minty cup to continue the detoxifying benefits of your morning blend.
- Juniper Berry is an antibacterial powerhouse. With its crisp, clarifying scent, juniper (especially when combined with eucalyptus) helps purify the air and cleanse the lungs. Juniper also contains constituents that act as diuretics, helping flush excess water from the kidneys and toxins from the skin.
- Lemon is the perfect choice for wringing out excess water weight. Lemon’s detoxifying elements also reduce inflammation in the body and support the immune system.
- Like lemon, Grapefruit is a tangy citrus that helps expel unwanted toxins and combats microbes in the body that can cause bloating, aiding in weight loss.
- Sage essential oil is often used in natural medicine to dissolve fat cells and battle hard-to-fight cellulite. This essential oil is very strong—just the smallest of doses is effective, and the herbal scent will offer a grounding element to an evening detox blend.
- Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), like sage, fights fat and cellulite. You may recognize fennel as an ingredient in teas formulated for weight loss, as the herb can boost the metabolism and suppress the appetite.
Add oils to a 2-ounce glass bottle with 2 ounces of grapeseed or other base oil; swirl to blend. Massage these blends in a circular motion on your stomach, or add a capful to warm bathwater for an aromatic soak.
- 6 drops Peppermint
- 16 drops Juniper
- 8 drops Lemon
- 10 drops Fennel
- 18 drops Grapefruit
- 10 drops Sage