Guys often ask Jason Aaron Baca, the handsome hero featured on covers of more than 320 romance novels, for his fitness secrets. "You can't just walk in the gym, start doing some bench presses, and the next day have an amazing body with muscles popping out all over!" says Baca.
Visualizing how you want to look is the first step, he says. "If guys picture themselves with a beer gut all the time, what becomes of it? You guessed it." To get in your best shape, it takes focus on what you want to achieve, and a routine that suits you. Here's what Baca does:
"I always make sure to keep my workouts different," he says, "but as for the body parts I work each day, I usually stay with the same ones."
- Monday: back and abs
- Tuesday: chest, triceps, and abs
- Wednesday: legs and abs
- Thursday: cardio and weak point training (exercising a body part I feel is falling behind the rest of my muscles)
- Friday: biceps and abs
- Saturday: cardio and abs
- Sunday: rest
Baca eats every two hours and chooses clean foods, including low-fat protein bars and whey protein. Here's a typical day:
- 8 a.m.: 1 cup fat-free milk and a multivitamin
- 10 a.m.: 1 protein bar and water
- 12 noon: 2 chicken breasts, 1 cup asparagus, almonds, and water
- 2 p.m.: yogurt, an orange, and water
- 4 p.m.: 3 egg whites and 1 protein shake
- 6 p.m.: 2 egg whites and 1 can tuna
"A lot of guys feel they can be dedicated to their exercise and eat whatever they want," he says, "but it won't get you the hot body you may want."