Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This colorful dinner bowl takes a savory spin on our favorite superfruit, with a balsamic glaze that highlights its earthy-fruity flavor. Cutting the roots into smallish cubes makes them cook faster and more evenly, and ensures an even glaze. Vary the roots as you’d like—turnips, carrots, and rutabaga are excellent additions—or add tempeh during the last 10 minutes of cooking for extra protein.
Try it: Sambazon Pure Unsweetened Frozen Açaí Packets
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat two large, rimmed baking sheets with olive oil.
- In large mixing bowl, combine açai purée, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, garlic, and rosemary. Whisk to combine well. Add sweet potatoes, parsnips, beets, turnip, and onion to bowl, and stir or toss to coat evenly.
- Spread vegetables in single layer on baking sheets. Roast 10 minutes. Stir vegetables and rotate pans for even cooking. Continue roasting 15–20 minutes more, until vegetables are just tender. Remove baking sheets from oven and stir in spinach.
- To serve, divide quinoa among six bowls. Mound vegetables on top, and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Calories 390
- Carbohydrate Content 55 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g