Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
If you want to make this dish ahead of time, cover and refrigerate ramekins after step 2, and heat crumbles for 20–25 minutes before serving. Visit backtotheroots.com for more information on the Biodynamic Cinnamon Flakes used here.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter insides of 4 8-oz. ramekins with 1/2 Tbs. butter.
- In large saucepan, combine apples, cranberries, lemon juice, honey, and maple sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 10–12 minutes, until apples are softened but still a little firm. Stir in cornstarch in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Divide apple mixture among prepared ramekins. Combine Cinnamon Flakes, Ginger Thins, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and distribute over tops of apple mixture.
- Melt remaining butter, combine with safflower oil, and drizzle over all.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet. Heat in oven 10–12 minutes, until heated through.
- Serving Size 1
- Calories 400
- Carbohydrate Content 80 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 75 mg
- Sugar Content 60 g