You’ll need a 12-cup muffin pan, baking cups or nonstick spray, and a blender to make these breakfast beauties.
Recipe excerpted with permission from Hungry Girl Simply 6: All-Natural Recipes with 6 Ingredients or Less by Lisa Lillien
- Makes 12 muffinsServings
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup (about 4 large) egg whites
- 5 packets natural no-calorie sweetener (such as monk fruit, erythritol, stevia, or a combination)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup (about 1 medium) organic Fuji or Gala apple, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
- Place oats in blender, and pulse to the consistency of coarse flour.
- Add milk, eggs, sweetener, baking powder, and seasonings. Blend until smooth and uniform, stopping and stirring if needed.
- Stir apple into batter. Evenly fill muffin pan.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 93
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Fiber Content: 2.5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 168 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.5 g