Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
You’ll need a 12-cup muffin pan, baking cups or nonstick spray, and a blender to make these breakfast beauties.
Recipe excerpted with permission from Hungry Girl Simply 6: All-Natural Recipes with 6 Ingredients or Less by Lisa Lillien
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
- Place oats in blender, and pulse to the consistency of coarse flour.
- Add milk, eggs, sweetener, baking powder, and seasonings. Blend until smooth and uniform, stopping and stirring if needed.
- Stir apple into batter. Evenly fill muffin pan.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 93
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Fat Content 1.5 g
- Fiber Content 2.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 168 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g