- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp. honey or agave
- 2 Tbs. minced basil
- 1 Tbs. minced shallot
- 5 oz. baby arugula leaves (one small clamshell)
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese (optional)
1. In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine olive oil, grapefruit juice, honey or agave, basil, and shallot. Screw lid on tightly and shake well to blend; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine arugula and jicama. Drizzle with just enough dressing to lightly coat leaves and toss to mix. Add blackberries and avocado and toss gently.
3. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper, and add goat cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g