Avocado and Chipotle Deviled Eggs
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
1 very ripe medium avocado, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup minced green onions
1 small canned chipotle chile, seeded and minced
2 Tbs. minced cilantro, plus chives for garnish
- Carefully remove yolks from eggs, and place in medium bowl; set whites aside.
- Add avocado to yolks, and mash with fork until smooth. Stir in green onions, chipotle, and cilantro. Season with salt and white pepper, if desired.
- Fill egg halves with yolk mixture, and arrange on serving platter. Garnish with thinly sliced chives, and serve.
- Serving Size 1 egg
- Calories 117
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 212 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 262 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g