Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This lean, mild white fish cooks relatively fast, which makes it a convenient weeknight meal. Roasted cherry tomatoes add a little sweetness to the dish, and they’re a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, and folate. They also are full of the antioxidant lycopene which has many health benefits including reduced risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut halibut into four equal portions.
- Place on parchment-lined sheet pan and oil both sides of fish pieces with 2 Tbs. olive oil.
- Bake 14-18 minutes depending on the thickness of fish until cooked through but not dry. Transfer to warm serving platter or individual plates.
- Place tomatoes on another foil-lined sheet pan, and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Roast in oven until soft, but still whole, about 15 minutes. Toss with basil, pine nuts, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon over fish, and serve.
If you love Halibut as much as we do, you’ll love these recipes, too:
- Serving Size 1 piece
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 85 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 120 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g