Balsamic Glazed Chicken
The crowning jewel for this flavorful balsamic chicken? A probiotic-rich yogurt sauce that's made simply with whole-milk yogurt, Dijon and garlic.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Everyone needs a go-to chicken recipe in their cooking arsenal, and this one fits the bill. Chicken thighs are the star of the show, but you can swap it out for boneless chicken breasts if you prefer. Sweet honey and tangy balsamic vinegar take this flavorful dish to the next level, and since you bake on one sheet pan, clean-up is a breeze.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey (TRY: Wedderspoon 100% Raw Beechwood Honey)
- 4 tsp grainy Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme, divided
- 3 parsnips, halved lengthwise (or quarted if large) and cut widthwise into 2-inch sticks
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise (or quarted if large) and cut widthwise into 2-inch sticks
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced into 2-inch pieces (fronds reserved)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 8 2-oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a small saucepan on medium, bring vinegar and honey to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally until liquid has reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in 2 tsp Dijon, marjoram and ½ tsp thyme. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together parsnips, carrots, fennel, oil, 1 tsp thyme and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Spread vegetables on prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer half of cooled balsamic glaze to a separate bowl and use to brush chicken; sprinkle chicken with remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Push vegetables to one side of baking sheet. Place chicken on other side of baking sheet. Return to oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink on inside, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, remaining 2 tsp Dijon and garlic.
- Divide roasted chicken and vegetables among serving plates. Drizzle remaining balsamic reduction over chicken servings. Dollop yogurt mixture over vegetables and garnish with reserved fennel fronds or thyme.
- Serving Size 2 thighs and 1 cup veggies
- Calories 321
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 524 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g