Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These grain-free, banana-bread-like muffins taste more naughty than they are. Enjoy one as a quick snack or guilt-free dessert. If you like, the hazelnut flour can be replaced with almond flour.
For more about this recipe: Cooking with Protein Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place eggs, milk, bananas, and honey in blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Blend in hazelnut flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among 12 standard-sized greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 22–25 minutes until set and lightly browned on top, so that a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out nearly clean. Let cool a few minutes before unmolding and cooling completely on metal rack. Chill up to five days.
- Serving Size Per muffin (with plant-based protein powder):
- Calories 230
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 230 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g