Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Recipe from our sister publication, Cuisine at Home (cuisineathome).
For more about this recipe: 7 Probiotic and Prebiotic Foods
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cook barley according to package directions.
- Toss carrots and Jerusalem artichokes with 2 Tbs. oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Toss broccolini with remaining 1 Tbs. oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread in single layer on second parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast 10–12 minutes.
- Whisk together kefir, chives, Dijon, Beau Monde seasoning, garlic, vinegar, dill, and celery seeds. Season with pepper.
- When vegetables have finished roasting, divide barley, chicken, vegetables, and pickled onions among four bowls. Serve with dressing.
- Calories 620
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 105 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 46 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 450 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g