Bring home a treasure trove of organics from your local farmers' market and enjoy this simple but perfect salad.
2 bunches heirloom beets (red and gold)
5 Tbs. organic olive oil, divided
6 oz. wild arugula, rinsed and patted dry
2 large red plums, pitted and chopped
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
2 Tbs. organic balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Trim beets, moisten with 2 Tbs. oil, cover with aluminum foil, and roast until cooked through, about 1 hour. Cool to room temperature; peel, and cut into thick slices.
- Spread arugula in wide, shallow bowl. Arrange beets over arugula, then plums. Sprinkle feta and walnuts over all. Drizzle remaining oil and vinegar over salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories: 200
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 399 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g