Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. In medium bowl whisk together oil and vinegar until combined. Stir in garlic.
2. Trim the bison steaks and cut into ¾-inch cubes. Add meat to marinade, and toss to coat. Marinate up to 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 4 hours in refrigerator. Remove meat and discard remaining marinade.
3. Soak 24 6-inch bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes; drain.
4. Place one piece of artichoke about 2 inches from point of each skewer, then add 1 tomato and 1 piece of meat on end of each skewer. Skewers may be made to this point up to a day ahead and stored in refrigerator in an airtight container.
5. Spray grill or large grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Season meat on skewers with salt and pepper. Place skewers on grill, and cook 3–4 minutes for medium-rare, turning once. (Cook skewers in batches if using grill pan.)
6. To serve, arrange skewers on platter with small bowl of pesto sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 470 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g