Broccoli Olive Slaw
Broccoli slaw mix is a crunchy blend of shredded broccoli, carrot, and red cabbage, a nice contrast to salmon's flaky, delicate texture. Plus, broccoli is a great source of B vitamins, magnesium, and other cardio-smart nutrients.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: 5 Every Day Tips for a Healthy Heart.
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. spicy brown mustard or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. minced shallots
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 bag broccoli slaw mix (10 oz.)
- 1/3 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, shallots, honey, and pepper flakes in small bowl
Combine slaw mix and olives in large bowl, and toss with vinaigrette. Season slaw with salt, and chill until ready to serve. Stir in chives right before serving.
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 100 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g