Broccoli Pomegranate Salad
This super-simple salad comes together in minutes and stores well in the refrigerator.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Recipe excerpted with permission from Eat to Live Quick & Easy Cookbook by Joel Fuhrman, MD.
- 2 large heads organic broccoli, florets cut to bite size (about 8 cups broccoli florets)
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbs. raisins, divided
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ cup raw cashew butter
- 3 Tbs. pomegranate seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Combine broccoli, ¼ cup raisins, sunflower seeds, and onion in large bowl.
- For dressing, combine pomegranate juice, remaining 2 Tbs. raisins, and cashew butter in a high-powered blender, and blend until smooth, but not too thin.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to combine. Chill, and serve cold. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over top,
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g