This fresh, easy 5-ingredient sorbet is a healthy dessert that satisfies your cravings for a cool treat.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We added basil for flavor and a bit of color; or substitute mint, fresh thyme leaves, or very finely minced fresh rosemary needles. Unrefined cane sugar makes the sorbet freeze better, but you can use honey or agave. For an even creamier texture, press the mixture through a fine mesh sieve before chilling and freezing.
- 1 large cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- ¼ cup unrefined cane sugar, or more, to taste
- Juice from 1 small lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped basil leaves
- Combine cantaloupe, sugar, lime juice, and sea salt in blender, and purée until very smooth. Add basil, and pulse a few times to combine. Transfer mixture to covered container and freeze at least one hour, or overnight.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker. Divide among individual dishes or cups, and serve immediately.
- Calories 100
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 60 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g