Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Capers are little flavor bombs, but they can be very salty – give them a quick rinse to remove some of the salt before mincing and stirring into the herbed butter. The trick to roasting the fish, potatoes and asparagus together on the same baking sheet is creating separate “bowls” of parchment paper for each – this way, each component of the meal keeps to itself without spilling onto the others. To make the parchment bowls, simply cut three sheets of parchment and fold up the edges to create rimmed sides.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut three 15-inch lengths of parchment paper and arrange in a single layer on an 18 x 12-inch rimmed baking sheet. Fold and crumple all 4 edges of each sheet to make 2-inch-tall rimmed sides resembling shallow bowls (alternatively, you can use foil to create 3 shallow “bowls”).
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, 2 tsp oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes, cut sides down, in a single layer on 1 outer bowl of parchment. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same large bowl, toss together asparagus, vinegar, remaining 2 tsp oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, parsley, capers and lemon zest. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Spread butter mixture over fish.
- Remove sheet from oven; add fish to center bowl of parchment. Add asparagus to remaining outer bowl of parchment. Return to oven; bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, asparagus is tender and potatoes are golden, 10 to 12 minutes more. Divide among plates. Drizzle fish with any butter mixture left in parchment and garnish with additional lemon zest.
Halibut Perks: A highly nutritious choice for a healthy lifestyle, halibut is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids – which benefit both the brain and heart – as well as muscle-building protein, energy-enhancing vitamin B12 and thyroid-supportive selenium.
Try one of these other great halibut recipes:
- Serving Size 1 fillet and 1/4 of vegetables
- Calories 331
- Carbohydrate Content 23.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 85 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 404 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g