Cauliflower Steaks with Blood Orange Olive Oil & Vadouvan Spice
This is no ordinary roasted cauliflower recipe! Blood orange olive oil and smoky-sweet Vandouvan spice mix take this easy-to-make side dish over the top.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 blood oranges
- 1/4 cup O Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. organic olive oil
- 1 large head orange cauliflower, cut into four thick slices
- 1 Tbs. Whole Spice Vadouvan Crushed Spice Mix*
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Zest blood oranges, then peel and cut out segments.
2. Line large sheet pan with heavy-duty foil. Combine blood orange olive oil and plain olive oil. Place the cauliflower slices on pan, and drizzle oil over both sides of slices. Sprinkle tops with Vadouvan spice, blood orange zest, and salt & pepper to taste.
3. Roast until cooked through but not mushy, about 30–35 minutes (an inserted knife should penetrate easily).
4. Stir together blood orange segments, cilantro, and mint. Distribute over cauliflower steaks, and serve.
*We used Vandouvan Spice Mix from Whole Spice Napa Valley.
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 65 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g