Recipe reprinted from Gluten Free Throughout the Year: A Two-Year, Month-to-Month Guide for Healthy Eating, by Melissa Diane Smith.
¼ cup chopped pecans
3 cups organic romaine lettuce or mixed baby greens
5 cooked chicken strips or 2/3 cup cubed or chopped turkey breast
½ cup sliced hulled fresh organic strawberries
¼ cup shredded carrots
4 jicama sticks or 4 hearts of palm, chopped (optional)
½ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1½ Tbs. fresh lime juice
1½ Tbs. fresh orange juice
¼ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- To make Salad: Toast pecans in 325°F oven 5 to 7 minutes. Divide lettuce between two plates.
- To make Dressing: purée all ingredients in blender.
- Top each Salad with chicken, strawberries, carrots, toasted pecans, and jicama sticks; and drizzle on Dressing.
- Calories: 446
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 27 mg
- Fat Content: 40 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 555 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g