Chicken, Rapini, & Chickpea Curry
This quick and easy (but super-tasty!) meal is a great way to use leftover chicken. Serve over rice or cous-cous for a nourishing one-dish supper.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about the recipe: A Dozen Cousins: The Story Behind Their Rice and Beans Products
- 3 Tbs. avocado oil, divided
- 1 small brown onion, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 2 cups rapini (aka broccoli rabe), coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 10-oz. pkgs. A Dozen Cousins Trini Chickpea Curry
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In large saucepan, heat 1 Tbs. of avocado oil. Add onion, and sauté until translucent. Remove from pot. Heat remaining 2 Tbs. oil in same pot, then add rapini and cook, stirring often, until slightly wilted but still firm.
- Return onions to pot with rapini. Add chicken and chickpea curry. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, about 15 minutes, until well-heated. Spoon over rice or couscous, if desired. Garnish with scallions and cilantro and serve.
- Calories 470
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 95 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 45 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 650 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g