- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbs. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup Bare Honey Hot & Spicy honey
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbs. Bare Honey Chocolate honey spread
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8x8 glass pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, melted butter, and Hot & Spicy honey to combine. Pour over dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened.
4. Pour batter into pan, spread evenly, and bake at 20–25 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
5. Melt butter and chocolate honey spread together in microwave, and stir until smooth. As soon as cornbread comes out of oven, poke all over with wooden skewer and drizzle with glaze, spreading with back of a spoon to distribute evenly.