Take chocolate chip cookies to the next level with this espresso-spiked dough that’s laced with chewy oats.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda in bowl.
- Cream margarine and sugar together with electric mixer in bowl. Beat in espresso and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, adding up to 1/2 cup more if necessary to make thick dough. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. Transfer each dough half to large sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper. Use plastic wrap to shape dough into 2 2-inch-diameter logs with plastic wrap or wax paper. Wrap tightly, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice dough logs into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Transfer slices to greased or parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake 8 to 11 minutes, or until cookies look dry on top. Cool cookies 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack
- Serving Size 1
- Calories 56
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 43 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g