Chopped Salad with White Beans & Vegan Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Canned beans add fast protein to this easy vegan salad, and a creamy, dairy-free ranch dressing takes it from simple to special. If spicy isn’t your thing, skip the chipotles and add basil or dill. Thinly sliced green beans add even more appeal; use raw beans for extra crunch, or add leftover cooked beans. This dressing recipe makes more than you’ll need, so you can have leftovers for the next quick salad; store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
See more No Cook Summer Salad Recipes
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small chipotle pepper, seeded (or to taste)
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 lb. raw or leftover cooked green beans, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 15-oz. can Great Northern or other
- white beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine cashew butter, water, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and chipotle pepper in food processor or blender, and purée until smooth and creamy. Thin to desired consistency with additional water if needed, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove and discard outer leaves from Romaine lettuce. Chop lettuce crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Combine in large bowl with green beans, yellow pepper, cabbage, and red onion. Add enough dressing to lightly coat leaves, and toss to mix. Add tomato, avocado, and Great Northern beans, and toss gently to mix. Divide among four individual plates, and serve immediately.
- Calories 610
- Carbohydrate Content 58 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 16 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 670 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g