Crab & Seaweed Salad
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 0.9 oz. Package Sea Snax SeaVegi Seaweed Mix
- 1 medium Persian cucumber, chopped
- 1 container kaiware (daikon radish sprouts), about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1Tbs. cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lb. crabmeat, preferably Dungeness or lump
- 1 Tbs. snipped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. microplaned lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tsp. green peppercorn dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs. avocado oil
- 8 bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 Tbs. chopped macadamia nuts
- Soak SeaVegi mix in bowl of ice water until fully rehydrated, about 15 minutes. Drain and blot with paper towels.
- Whisk together lemon juice and mustard, then whisk in avocado oil.
- Add chives, lemon zest, and one Tbs. lemon juice-mustard dressing to crabmeat, and toss lightly with fork.
- In large bowl, combine seaweed with cucumber, sprouts, red onion, and cilantro leaves, and gently toss with 3 Tbs. dressing.
- Place two lettuce leaves on each of four salad plates, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Divide seaweed salad mix among them. Top each with 1/4 of crab mixture, then sprinkle macadamia nuts over tops.
- Serving Size 1 portion
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 500 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g