2 Tbs. coconut oil, divided
2 small leeks, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
1 small celery stalk
1 large head cauliflower, cored and chopped (4-5 cups)
3-4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup almond or cashew butter
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 large bunch fresh chives, divided
1/2 cup olive oil
- Heat 1 Tbs. coconut oil in large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and celery, and cook 4-5 minutes until softened. Add cauliflower and 3 cups broth, cover, and cook until cauliflower is soft, 15-20 minutes. Add almond milk and cashew butter, and warm through, about 3 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, toast almonds in small pan, and set aside.
- Finely chop 2 Tbs. chives, and set aside. Hold remaining chives under hot water to soften and lightly blanch, about 30 seconds. In food processor, combine softened chives with olive oil, and purée until smooth. Strain through fine mesh sieve, and discard solids.
- When soup is finished cooking, purée in batches in food processor or blender until creamy and very smooth, adding more stock if needed. Season with salt and white pepper.
- To serve, divide soup among four bowls. Drizzle chive oil over each bowl, and sprinkle with almonds and chopped chives. Serve hot.
per serving: 427 cal; 12g pro; 34g total fat (10g sat fat); 24g carb; 4mg chol; 816mg sod; 6g fiber; 5g sugars
Related article:Beauty Foods