Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Reprinted with permission from The Edible Beat: 60 Recipes of Chef Empowerment, Humor & Human Centric Mojo by Chef Justin Cucci.
Related: Garlicky Mashed “Potatoes”
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Cut cauliflower off of the stem into florets.
- Steam cauliflower, potatoes, and coconut meat until tender (if using coconut cream, add in next step), about 20 minutes. Drain.
- In a separate pot, combine coconut milk (and coconut cream is using) and maple syrup and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Use a potato ricer to rice potato, cauliflower, and coconut meat into a large mixing bowl.
- Add reduced coconut milk mixture and remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning until it’s delicious.
Garnish Suggestions (Use Any or All)
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ½ cup crispy shallots