Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Moringa, a vitamin- and antioxidant-packed greenfoods powder makes a great addition to smoothies and shakes—and it adds a healthy boost of superfood nutrition to this hearty side dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile,heat oil in small saucepan. Sauté shallots until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a boil, and reduce by half. Add cream, return to a boil, then turn off heat. Add moringa powder, and mix well.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 Tbs. cooking water. Toss pasta with cream sauce, cooking water, peas, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and Parmesan.
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g