Creamy Orecchiette with Garden Peas & Moringa
Fast and fresh, this is a perfect side dish for grilled or rotisserie chicken or pan-seared lamb chops.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Moringa, a vitamin- and antioxidant-packed greenfoods powder makes a great addition to smoothies and shakes—and it adds a healthy boost of superfood nutrition to this hearty side dish.
- 1 lb. organic whole-grain orecchiette pasta
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced shallots
- 1/4 cup organic dry white wine
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream
- 2–3 tsp. moringa powder
- 1 cup cooked organic garden peas
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Freshly grated organic Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile,heat oil in small saucepan. Sauté shallots until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a boil, and reduce by half. Add cream, return to a boil, then turn off heat. Add moringa powder, and mix well.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 Tbs. cooking water. Toss pasta with cream sauce, cooking water, peas, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and Parmesan.
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 60 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g