Crock-Pot Indian Chicken & Turnips
From article: The Root of the Matter…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
From article: The Root of the Matter
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs. garam masala spice
- 1 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbs. safflower oil
- 6 baby white turnips, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with garam masala and black pepper. Heat oil in wide, deep skillet; add chicken to skillet, and brown, turning once, about 2 minutes per side. Add turnips, garlic, and broth, and bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker and cook on high 3-4 hours. Serve with jasmine rice and sautéed fresh spinach.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 145 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 310 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g