Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
Nuts tend to be a staple in many cold-weather dishes, so if you suffer from a nut allergy, this isn’t always the easiest time of year. And that’s where this creative recipe comes in. Made with Blake’s Seed Based Blueberry-Lemon Bars, these delicious roasted sweet potatoes are also allergen-free. They’re hearty enough to take center stage in an evening meal, but also make a great alternative side dish for holiday spreads.
Crunchy Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roast sweet potatoes 30–40 minutes, until cooked through but not mushy, so a small knife can easily pierce side. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Turn oven to broil.
- Cut sweet potatoes into halves, squeeze to loosen the flesh, and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Combine 1 Tbs. melted butter, avocado oil, and honey, stir well to combine, and drizzle over the sweet potato halves.
- Break up bars into bowl of food processor and pulse until broken into pieces roughly the size of large peas. Transfer to small bowl. Whisk together remaining butter and olive oil, and toss with crumbled bars.
- Sprinkle crumble mix over sweet potato halves. Place 5–6 inches from broiler heat about 30 seconds, to warm and crisp a bit. Serve immediately.
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 60 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g