Cultured Beet Chia Pudding
As a fiber heavyweight, chia delivers 5 grams in a mere tablespoon serving, much of which is soluble fiber.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/3 cup milk or plain non-dairy milk
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek or skyr yogurt
- 2 small cooked and peeled beets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 tsp. lemon zest or orange zest
- 2 tsp. honey
- 6 Tbs. chia seeds
- Optional toppings: Cacao nibs, coconut flakes, granola, grated dark chocolate, berries, chopped nuts
- Place milk, yogurt, beets, strawberries, mint, citrus zest, honey, and salt to taste in blender, and blend until smooth. Divide mixture between two wide-mouth jars, and stir 3 Tbs. chia seeds into each jar. Seal shut and chill at least 2 hours to thicken. When ready to serve, add any desired toppings.
- Calories 347
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 213 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g