This colorful salad is brimming with liver-cleansing dandelion and other bitter greens. Mix in extras, such as artichoke hearts, steamed asparagus, cubed jicama, avocado, pomegranate seeds, grated celery root, basil leaves, tomatoes, and/or raw garden peas, for each serving.
For more about this recipe: How to Detox Your Body's 5 Major Organs.
2 cups dandelion greens, thick stems trimmed
2 cups chicory leaves, outer ribs discarded, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
2 cups baby arugula
1 medium Belgian endive, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings (1 cup)
1 medium carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- Combine salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Shake together vinaigrette ingredients in small jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Toss one serving of salad with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Fat Content: 28 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g