Get full access to Outside Learn, our online education hub featuring in-depth nutrition, fitness and adventure courses, and more than 2,000 instructional videos when you sign up for Outside+..
This creamy, island-inspired vegan Mango Ice Cream is fortified with flax oil (we used Solgar Earth Source Flaxseed Oil) for a hefty dose of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats (one serving contains almost 2,000 mg). Mango and goji berries add antioxidants and a lovely peach blush. For a kid-friendly summer treat, pour the ice cream mixture into Popsicle molds instead of freezing in an ice cream maker.
Did You Know?
Omega-3s are known as “essential” fats because our bodies don’t make them.
See Also Matcha & Greens Ice Cream
Mango Ice Cream with Coconut-Lime Dust recipe
This recipe yields about 1 pint of ice cream.
- Combine mango chunks, coconut milk, cane sugar, and flax oil in a blender, and purée until very smooth. Add goji berries, and purée until finely chopped, but some visible bits remain.
- Transfer to ice cream maker, and process according to directions (about 20 minutes). While ice cream freezes, combine coconut flakes and lime zest on cutting board, and finely chop into “dust.”
- To serve, scoop ice cream into martini glasses, cups, or dessert bowls, and sprinkle with coconut-lime dust. Serve immediately.
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 30 g