Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Recipe courtesy of FoodforLife.com.
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Rub tempeh with oil. In small bowl, stir together pepper, salt, paprika, coriander, sugar, mustard, and garlic and onion powders. Rub spice blend all over tempeh, and place on baking sheet. Bake until deep brown, about 30 minutes.
3. In medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, hot sauce, paprika, and salt. Set aside.
4. Cut tempeh into thin strips. Divide half of tempeh between 2 slices of bread. Top with sauerkraut, drizzle with dressing, and top with 2 more bread slices. Divide remaining tempeh between sandwiches, top with more sauerkraut and dressing, and place remaining bread slices on top.
- Calories 540
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 35 g
- Fiber Content 5.5 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 1140 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g