For more about this recipe: Bake-Ahead Breakfast
- 2 Tbs. pastured butter or ghee, for greasing the pan
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 16-oz. carton organic egg whites
- 1 16-oz. tub organic cottage cheese
- 2-4 Tbs. dry sweetener of choice, to taste (try palm sugar, or Lakanto for no added sugar)
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries-no need to thaw for frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x13-inch glass baking dish or casserole with butter, and set aside.
- Blend oats in high speed blender until they form a coarse flour. Add egg whites through nutmeg in order listed, and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed to ensure dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and scatter over berries (it's fine if they sink into batter). Bake 30 minutes, or until firm in center and lightly golden all over.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 480 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g