Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Low Glycemic Spiced Granola with Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large jelly roll pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine ingredients from oats through seeds in large mixing bowl. In smaller bowl, whisk together liquid ingredients and spices from coconut oil through sea salt until well blended. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients, and mix well with wooden spoon until thoroughly coated.
- Carefully transfer mixture to prepared sheet, and spread in even layer. Bake 15–20 minutes, until golden brown, stirring gently every 5 minutes and watching carefully to prevent scorching.
- Remove, and allow to cool about 10 minutes. Break up, and stir in zest, coconut, and dried fruit, if using, while still warm. Let cool completely, and store in airtight container.
- Serving Size 1/2 Cup
- Calories 410
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 31 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 100 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g