Slurp This Easy Ramen-Style Soup
Premake the fragrant broth on Sunday to heat and assemble during the week. It’s a restaurant-style meal waiting for you in the fridge.
Pre-make the fragrant broth on Sunday along with poaching the chicken and getting your eggs on standby. During the week, simply heat and assemble, adding in the noodles and fresh veggies at the end. It’s a restaurant-style meal waiting for you in the fridge.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 shallots, halved
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 8 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 12 oz dry brown rice noodles (Try: King Soba Organic Brown Rice Ramen)
- 1 carrot, peeled into strips
- 4 oz asparagus, peeled into strips
- 4 oz snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 4 small toasted nori sheets, crumbled
- To a large pot, add chicken, shallots, ginger, garlic and salt; cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer on low for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to a gentle boil. Carefully add eggs and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and plunge eggs into cold water.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board; strain broth through a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl; discard shallots, ginger and garlic. Return strained broth to pot. When chicken is cool enough to handle, chop or shred. Return chicken to pot. Stir in coconut aminos and sesame oil.
- When ready to serve: Bring broth to a simmer. Add noodles, carrot, asparagus and snow peas and simmer for 4 minutes, until tender. Serve each with a peeled and sliced egg and crumbled nori.
MAKE AHEAD: Make recipe through Step 3 up to 4 days in advance. Store soft-boiled eggs unpeeled in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. You can reheat them by dropping them into simmering water on the stove for just under a minute. Alternatively, make eggs fresh just before serving.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 619
- Carbohydrate Content 73 g
- Cholesterol Content 291 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 37 g
- Sodium Content 837 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g