Egg-Free Almond Pancakes Recipe
For more about this recipe: Surprising Egg Substitutes…
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
For more about this recipe: Surprising Egg Substitutes
- 2 Tbs. organic chia seeds
- 6 Tbs. water
- ¼ cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1½ tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract or vanilla flavor
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1½ tsp. arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp. unrefined sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbs. chopped pecans
- Organic extra virgin coconut oil
- Place chia seeds in bowl, add water, and let sit 5-10 minutes until mixture reaches consistency of raw egg. Mix in applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla, and set aside.
- Mix almond flour, arrowroot, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and pecans together in separate bowl. Form a well in center of dry ingredients, and pour in wet ingredients. Mix together, but do not overmix.
- Heat coconut oil in large skillet on medium-low heat. Drop 1½ Tbs. batter into pan, and spread out batter slightly for each pancake. Cook pancakes 3-4 minutes, until bottoms have browned, then flip and cook 1-2 minutes more. Add more oil to pan, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Calories 90
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 89 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g