For more about this recipe: 4 Summer Camping Recipes
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (divided use)
2 tsp. minced garlic
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 large eggplant (1–11/2 lb.)
2 cups seeded and diced fresh tomatoes
1 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Whisk together 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in bowl. Cut eggplant lengthwiseinto four 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place eggplant slices in a large glass dish. Pour vinegar mixture over eggplant, turning to coat slices; let eggplant sit 5 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, vinegar, 2 tsp. oil, salt, and pepper in medium bowl, and set aside.
- Grill eggplant slices, covered, over direct heat until tender, 2–3 minutes per side. Remove eggplant from grill, and serve with salsa.
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 23 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 230 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g